Re: [RC6] before-after-dynamic-attr-001 : ought to have a "may" flag

Le Lun 4 juillet 2011 20:29, Patrick Garies a écrit :
> On 7/1/2011 7:45 PM, "Gérard Talbot" wrote:
>> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/before-after-dynamic-attr-001.htm
>>
>> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/before-after-dynamic-attr-001.htm
>>
>> Konqueror 4.6.4 fails this testcase because, as far as I can tell, it
>> can not execute this DOM instruction
>>
>> line 22:   document.body.setAttribute("my-attr", "before");
>
> Based upon my testing, Konqueror 4.5.4 (an older version) does indeed
> create/change the DTD-invalid attributes |my-attr| and |my-attr-2| in
> the DOM. The document is not dynamically updated to reflect this,
> however. I would call such behavior a bug in Konqueror.
>
> The test I did was to append the following code to the |fixupDOM|
> function so that I could see what the new DOM looked like:
>
> document.defaultView.alert(document.body.getAttribute("my-attr"));
> document.defaultView.alert(document.body.getAttribute("my-attr-2"));
> document.defaultView.alert(document.documentElement.innerHTML);
>
>> If only, at least, the targeted attribute in the test was an existing
>> one in the DTD to begin with ...
>
> I agree that DTD-valid attributes should be used in this test.
>
> However, replacing the invalid attributes with valid |class| and |id|
> attributes makes no difference. Konqueror still fails a revised test.

Then, it's not a DOM implementation issue.

Later I will create a bug report and a testcase on this.

Patrick, thank you for your time investigating this.

regards, Gérard

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011

CSS 2.1 test suite contributors:
http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/