Re: [CSS3]text-transform-fullwidth-001.xht

On 02/13/2011 10:21 PM, taka oshiyama wrote:
> Hi
> I submitted a new test case for your kind review. The test case is
> stored here!
>
> http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/east-tokyo/submitted/css3-text/text-transform-fullwidth-001.xht
>
> Please let me know if you have any comments.

Hello Taka,
Koji has some good comments. Here is another one: in many cases
the fullwidth and halfwidth variants will look similar or identical in
their glyph shape, but have different advance widths so that they
are wider. In such cases, your test will be hard to evaluate correctly.

To fix this problem, I suggest you wrap each character in its own
placing the pairs side-by-side, place them over-under. This way the
width of the character can be easily evaluated whether or not the
glyph is the same size and shape.