Re: clipping-016 invalid?

From: Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 16:55:27 -0800
To: "Peter Linss" <peter.linss@hp.com>

Le Sam 5 février 2011 16:19, Peter Linss a écrit :
> The last change to clipping-016 changes the pass conditions to require
> a green square, but as far as I can tell the test will generate a
> rectangle when working properly (as it does).

I am 100% certain, sure that the testcase

should be saying

a <strong>green rectangle</strong>

and not

<strong>a green square</strong>

> When I read "square" in a selftest, I take it literally, as I presume
> is the general intention. (Just to be clear, I've seen other tests say
> "rectangle" where I presume a square is also a valid rectangle,
> correct?)

Yes. Square is a valid rectangle; square is a sub-category of rectangle.

regards, Gérard

CSS 2.1 test suite (RC5; January 11th 2011):

CSS 2.1 test suite contributors: