Wording of text-transform-bicameral-*

From: Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 12:41:07 +0100
To: CSS-testsuite <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>
Hi,

the text-transform-bicameral-* tests all use the wording "Test passes if
the left-hand character in each pair matches the right-hand one."

Some of our testers have interpreted this in a way that would classify
characters of the same shape as "matching", resulting in
mis-classifications of tests like e.g. this one:

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110111/html4/text-transform-bicameral-022.htm

I suggest that the text be clarified further. E.g.: "Test passes if the
left-hand character in each pair is identical to the right-hand one
(having both the same shape and the same size)".

Another potential issue is that the characters will be exactly identical
if no suitable font is found and a replacement character is rendered
instead. Should probably also clarify that each pair should be different
 from all the other pairs.

--
Øyvind Stenhaug
Core Norway, Opera Software ASA