Maximum (viewport) height for testcases; vertical scrollbar checked in automated checking of reftests

From: Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 20:20:45 -0800

What is or what would be the maximum document height of testcases? 400px
? 500px ? Is there a *preferred* or recommended maximum document height
of testcases?

When testcases are compared with their correspondent reftests, do the
software comparing screenshots actually verify presence of vertical
scrollbar of the viewport? or actually take into account/consider
presence of vertical scrollbar of the viewport as something which could
make a testcase declared as failed.

For example, my browser viewport height is usually around 420px
(window.innerHeight), so if a testcase requires a document height
(offsetHeight) of more than 420px, then I will get a vertical scrollbar.
I can increase such height by removing some toolbars.

There is no current requirement with regards to maximum or preferred or
recommended document height for testcases.

I have read
CSS Test Review Checklist

CSS2.1 Conformance Test Suite: Common Assumptions and Uncommon Assumptions

I want also to point out that this issue can also affect the usage of
test harness.

regards, Gérard

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

CSS 2.1 test suite harness:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: