[Solved] Re: Anti-aliasing and making reftest (absolute-non-replaced-width-017)

From: Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 13:27:24 -0800

Le Lun 5 décembre 2011 11:43, "Gérard Talbot" a écrit :
> Hello all,
>
> Load these 3 webpages and then observe + compare visually the height of
> the black stripe inside the green square:
>
> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/absolute-non-replaced-width-017.xhtml
>

> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/reftests/absolute-non-replaced-width-017-ref1.xht
>  (uses Ahem font)
>

> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/reftests/absolute-non-replaced-width-017-ref2.xht
>

> Do you see a difference?

Hello,

I finally solved my problem... or at least I am able to elegantly work
around it. There is a setting in most operating systems which allows to
disable font smoothing (anti-aliasing). I found it.

I assume that automated graphic softwares which will compare screenshots
of tests with their corresponding reftests will also have such font
smoothing disabled.

regards, Gérard

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

CSS 2.1 test suite harness:
http://test.csswg.org/harness/

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: