Re: RC1 : 1st preliminary review report: list of 69 incorrect testcases

On 9/24/10 4:59 PM, "Gérard Talbot" wrote:
> 14- (Boris Zbarsky) A few table-anonymous-objects-0xx testcases use and
> rely on more than 1 element sharing the same id attribute value.

Fixed (svn rev 1472).

> Several table-anonymous-objects-0xx have also other smaller problems:
> - validation markup errors (style without type attribute,
> language="javascript", style block can not have an id, etc)

Why can <style> not have an id?  All HTML elements can have an id in
HTML5; I have no idea why HTML4 decided to not stick %coreattrs on
there, but I think not using it here is silly....

I added types to <style> as needed in svn rev 1473 and removed the
language="javascript" in svn rev 1474.

> - Inline style is formally discouraged:

Yes, I know.  Rewriting these test to not use inline style would
actually make them significantly less readable.  If someone does want to
do that, for some reason, feel free.

> - Because of onload="doTest()", you need to add

Why?  This is a serious question; HTML5 specifies the default scripting
language to be javascript.

-Boris