Re: Review Report on section 8.5.x (Border property) ~= 260 testcases

On 09/15/2010 08:47 PM, "Gérard Talbot" wrote:

> http://test.csswg.org/source/approved/css2.1/src/css1/c5517-brdr-s-000.htm
>
> It is still difficult to compare groove and ridge when border-width is
> thick. Increasing border-width (to, say, 10px) for groove and ridge
> would help the bus driver or neighbour checking that test. :)

Actually, I think it would make it less likely, because when the
border-width gets very large, the 3D effect becomes less realistic.
You and I know that it's typically two bands of color, so we want
a thicker border to make those bands obvious. But while that makes
it more obvious to us because we don't have to look as hard, it
makes it less obvious to someone else that this is a correct
"groove" border.