Re: Corrections to the Implemention Reports

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 09:33:24 -0400
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
CC: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Peter Linss <peter.linss@hp.com>, John Jansen <John.Jansen@microsoft.com>, "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>
>> On this note, is it indeed acceptable to use current beta or dev
>> builds of Chrome for the IR?
>
> If the entire source is available along with build instructions
> such that a member of the public can build a binary identical
> to the one you used for testing, then, yes.

Hold on.  I thought we had some criteria along the lines of "sort of
shippable" (relaxed from "actually shipped") and in particular wanted to
exclude special test builds, nightlies, etc, no?

I haven't sorted out what the "beta" and "dev" labeling actually means
in Chrome's case, but based on my weak understanding it seems like "dev"
would not be acceptable and "beta" might be.

-Boris