Re: content-072.htm is invalid

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 14:52:45 -0700
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: Arron Eicholz <Arron.Eicholz@microsoft.com>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>, "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, GĂ©rard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
On 10/25/2010 02:20 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> Are you looking at a different test?  The test linked above uses defer
> without an explicit value - "<script defer
> type="text/javascript"></script>".
>
> Yes, if the element had "defer='defer'", then attr(defer) should
> certainly return "defer".  That's not the case here.

Yeah, I was reading through this thread and thinking "uh-oh. I know
exactly what the problem is here" and sure enough I get to your message...

The build process minimizes boolean attributes when it converts from
XHTML to HTML. I can turn this option off, but it would be off for all
boolean attributes. If that's ok with everyone, I'll do that for the
next build. If it's not, then we'll need to figure out what the default
behavior should be and handle exceptions somehow.