Re: background-root-018's readibility style doesn't work in XHTML version

From: Geoffrey Sneddon <gsneddon@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 17:19:21 +0100
To: "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>
CC: public-css-testsuite@w3.org
On 18/10/10 07:12, L. David Baron wrote:
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20100917/html4/background-root-018.htm
> has a style rule to help the text be readable, but it doesn't work
> in
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20100917/xhtml1/background-root-018.xht
> because it uses P as the selector instead of p.  It should use the
> selector p, and should probably also do more to make the text
> readable, because it's still really hard to read.

I've fixed the selector to be "p" and not "P", but indeed, I agree we
ought to make it more readable in general  I *thought* (but cannot find
evidence of the truthfulness of that thought) that I had sent an email
suggesting adding a background to the p, as well as changing the pass
condition to add, "with the exception of this paragraph", to the first

Geoffrey Sneddon  Opera Software