Re: list-style-position-018 is invalid

From: Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 03:01:16 -0700
To: "Bjoern Hoehrmann" <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Cc: "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>

> * Gérard Talbot wrote:
>>So, what should I do now? Take your word for this and remove the
>> testcase?
>>Or is there a way to "rescue" and rehabilitate that testcase?
>>Will I know one day what are those 2 sentences? It's reasonable for me
>>to be curious at this point..
> Presumably this is Erratum 61, "Because of persistent incompatibilites
> between implementations, the constraints on the position of 'outside'
> markers are relaxed for some values of 'text-align' and in the presence
> of floats. This will be fixed in a future specification."

Thank you for letting me know. To me, those reasons are important: they
did not imply a problem with the testcase or a misunderstanding of the

I have removed list-style-position-018 from my directory:

Revision version 1505

regards, Gérard

CSS 2.1 test suite (RC2; October 1st 2010):

CSS 2.1 test suite contributors: