bidi-004 probably invalid

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 18:24:29 -0700
To: public-css-testsuite@w3.org
I think the following tests:
http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20101001/xhtml1/bidi-004.xht
http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20101001/html4/bidi-004.htm
are invalid because of the white space following the "kkk".  Based
on the white-space processing rules in section 16.6.1, I believe
that the sequence: "kkk &#x202C; mmm" should have the first space
honored and the second space ignored.  (I don't think this behavior
is ideal for authors, but it is what I think the spec says, and what
we implement.  We should perhaps consider changing it.  I should
probably email www-style once I find the other tests that have the
same issue; I think there are a bunch of others.)

I think the test would be valid if that single space (between the
"kkk" and the PDF) were removed.

(The test *also* demonstrates a bug in Gecko on the first line of
the test.)

-David