active-selector-001 invalid

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 17:57:38 -0800
To: "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>
This test:

is not clearly backed up by the specs. CSS2.1 doesn't define which
elements may be active, but does say that the selector only applies
while the element "is being activated by the user".

HTML4 only talks about activating elements when talking about links
and form elements. Only.

And HTML5, which explicitly lists which elements can match :active,
does not list non-focusable <div>s as :active-able.

Even if I were reading only CSS2.1 and had to make my own list of
activateable elements, making a completely non-interactive,
non-keyboard-focusable <div> respond to :active just does not make
sense to me.

The test should use a link or button or other truly activateable
interactive element.