CSS2.1 Test Suite Alpha 2 Published

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 16:30:23 -0700
To: "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
I've posted a new snapshot of the CSS2.1 test suite on the w3.org website:
    http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/CSS2.1/20100316/

This version of the test suite snapshot should include all submitted tests,
whether or not they have passed review, except for:
    - hixie's tests, because they're missing the metadata for indexing
    - Mozilla's reftest submissions, because I haven't added reftests support yet
    - I18n Core's tests, because I haven't looked into adding them yet.

This snapshot uses a new build system: the test suite build system has been
rewritten in Python. The old system, while a brilliant pile of bash scripting,
xargs tricks, and perl regular expressions, was getting a little too unweildy.

System improvements include:
   - support for sourcing multiple directories
   - lxml parsing + html5lib serialization => higher-fidelity XHTML->HTML conversion
   - more validation of format-related problems, with consolidated error-reporting
   - extensible architecture

Known regressions include:
   - xhtml1print format no longer converts PNG to JPEG (this is easily fixable)

We are now accepting feature requests! Currently on the list are:
   - reftest support
   - outputting into structured subdirectories
   - automatic zipfile generation

Please review the test suite and send feedback to public-css-testsuite@w3.org:
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-css-testsuite

The latest source for all tests is available in the Subversion repository at:
    http://test.csswg.org/
Further information on contributing to the CSS test suites can be found here:
    http://csswg.org/test

Thanks!