Re: CSS2.1 Test Suite Beta 1

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 12:14:15 -0700
To: "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
On 06/16/2010 11:17 AM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> On 6/16/10 2:04 PM, fantasai wrote:
>>>
>>> Hold on. Does "next release" mean "beta 2"? Or does "next release" mean
>>> something else?
>>
>> Next release is either Alpha 4 or Beta 1 -- I just posted yesterday's
>> release as an Alpha.
>
> OK, great. Can I do something to help integrate those tests, then?

Um, sure. :) The two problems that prevent me from building the tests
at all are
   - support files not in a support subfolder
   - conflicting filenames across folders

dbaron is maintaining the tests as an auto-import from Mozilla's tree,
so the changes would have to be made there.

The other problems in the tests are that the filenames don't match the
CSS filename format (test-topic-###.xht) and many of them have overly
simplistic (and thus repetitive) titles. But these don't break the build
process. I have a partial patch for fixing the filenames of the
bug-numbered tests in my tree. The 234686 tests are already imported
into the tree as
   http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20100615/xhtml1/replaced-min-max-001.xht
We can create a single reference file for that, and Mozilla's copy
will no longer be necessary.

[switching CC to public-css-testsuite@w3.org]