Re: [CSS 2.1] cases that do not pass in any browser

From: Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 17:33:10 -0700
To: "Arron Eicholz" <Arron.Eicholz@microsoft.com>
Cc: "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>

> The following cases do not pass in any browsers. I have a feeling that
> the test cases are incorrect in most of the scenarios. With so many
> issues it would be great to get some help investigating each of these
> and seeing if the case is valid to the spec, if the case is just buggy
> and needs a simple fix or if the case should just be removed all
> together.

> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20100701/html4/blocks-023.htm
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20100701/html4/blocks-024.htm

I have broken these testcases into smaller, reduced tests and these are
clearly cases of where the containing block's width depends on the width
of the margin-box of its inner child.

"If the containing block's width depends on this element, then the
resulting layout is undefined in CSS 2.1."

regards, Gérard

CSS 2.1 test suite (beta 2; July 27th 2010):

CSS 2.1 test suite contributors: