Re: [CSS 2.1] cases that do not pass in any browser

From: Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 18:12:11 -0700
To: "Arron Eicholz" <Arron.Eicholz@microsoft.com>
Cc: "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>

> The following cases do not pass in any browsers. I have a feeling that
> the test cases are incorrect in most of the scenarios. With so many
> issues it would be great to get some help investigating each of these
> and seeing if the case is valid to the spec, if the case is just buggy
> and needs a simple fix or if the case should just be removed all
> together.

(...)

> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20100701/html4/margin-collapse-clear-012.htm
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20100701/html4/margin-collapse-clear-013.htm

Firefox 3.6.6 passes those 2 testcases.

> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20100701/html4/overflow-applies-to-010.htm

Konqueror 4.4.5 partially passes this testcase: there is no red
displayed and the bullet list-marker is clearly on the left side. But
the list-item principal block box is below the bullet list-marker.

> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20100701/html4/units-008.htm
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20100701/html4/units-009.htm

Firefox 3.6.6 passes these 2 units testcases.
 div { margin: 1px; }
could be changed to
 div { margin: 4px 0; }
to make the blue bars horizontally aligned.

regards, Gérard

CSS 2.1 test suite (beta 1; July 1st 2010):

CSS 2.1 test suite contributors:
http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/