Re: redone margin-collapse-027.xht (was RE: 3 Microsoft margin collapsing tests (wrt float, clear and clearance))

On 2010-01-25 8:02 PM, GĂ©rard Talbot wrote:
> How about:

> their margins collapse, then the bottom margin of the last sibling
> does not collapse with the parent's bottom margin when such parent
> own margins collapse and when clearance has occurred." />

I'm afraid that I have to disagree with your proposed addition of the
word "then" here. That makes it sound like cause-and-effect when you're
describing a condition and constraint:

Condition: "two siblings are adjoining and their margins collapse"
Constraint: "the bottom margin of the last sibling does not collapse
with the parent's bottom margin when such [parent's] own margins
collapse and when clearance has occurred"

The added comma is good.

"Parent" should be "parent's" (typo?).

The description still does not make clear where "clearance has
occurred"; does it have to occur on the parent, one of the two siblings,
or a combination thereof?