Re: redone margin-collapse-027.xht (was RE: 3 Microsoft margin collapsing tests (wrt float, clear and clearance))

> On 2010-01-25 5:43 PM, GĂ©rard Talbot wrote:
>> The current

>> their margins collapse the bottom margin of the last sibling does not
>> collapse its bottom margin with the parents bottom margin when its
>> own margins collapse and clearance has occurred." />
>>
>> is still going to be painful, difficult to figure out for many
>> people.
>>
>> My suggestion:

>> their margins collapse, then the bottom margin of the last sibling
>> does not collapse its bottom margin with the parent's bottom margin
>> when its own margins collapse and clearance has occurred." />
>
> I would change the word "its" to explicitly refer to whatever it refers
> to. I'm a native English speaker and that isn't clear to me if that
> means the "last sibling" or "parent".

Patrick,

I agree with you on the explicitness issue. [And I agree with you on the
judicious comma usage for best separating discrete parts of long and
complex sentences. The whole CSS 2.1 spec has often lots of "its" and
not enough commas.]

How about:

margins collapse, then the bottom margin of the last sibling
does not collapse with the parent's bottom margin when such parent own
margins collapse and when clearance has occurred." />

regards, Gérard

CSS 2.1 test suite (pre-alpha):
http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/CSS2.1/current/html4/

CSS 2.1 test suite contributors: