[RC4] active-selector-002

From: Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 17:41:43 -0800
To: "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>

"(...) or activating them with the keyboard"

I tried with 4 browsers to activate the links with the keyboard and
could not. I tried tab (to navigate and focus one) and then the Enter
key; I tried tab (to navigate and focus one) and then Space bar.

"1. Link A" is not even reachable with tab key.

p:active, span:active { color: yellow; border: red solid thick;
background: red; }

It seems that the testcase presumes that span elements can not be in an
:active state while the spec says

CSS does not define which elements may be in the above states, or how
the states are entered and left. (...)

"3. Link C" (when activated with left mouse click) is red in Firefox
3.6.13, Opera 10.63, Chrome 8.0.552.215 and Konqueror 4.5.4 and this is
not proof of non-compliance with the spec.

"CSS 2.1 does not define if the parent of an element that is ':active'
or ':hover' is also in that state."

When clicking "3. Link C", both the nested span and its link container
<a class="test"> are in the active state. Again, this is not forbidden
according to spec.

regards, Gérard

CSS 2.1 test suite (RC4; December 10th 2010):

CSS 2.1 test suite contributors: