Re: Comments on Microsoft Chapter 4 Tests

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 20:00:48 +0100, Grant, Melinda <melinda.grant@hp.com>
wrote:
> Assuming others agree that in general this is a good change (it seems so
> to me), I think the text needs to be more descriptive of the expected
> output, in this case,

That works.

> In many existing tests, it's not clear without examining the source
> whether the text should be green or whether it should have a green
> background, whether the background should extend across the page, etc.
> I've had testers fail tests that use the "This line..." description
> because there is no line on the page...
>
> We need to be more explicit, ala,

> the display area.</p>
> between words.</p>
>
> Etc.

I suppose we could try to do that though in general it seems easier to
educate the testers that the expected result is either green or red and
that whether it is a text or background color should not matter much.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/