RE: Suggestions and corrections to the MS-supplied CSS 2.1 tests

James Hopkins wrote:
> Just to put my own curiosity to rest, are Unicode characters
> implemented as sets, as opposed to individually? This was why I asked
> the question originally, since it seems a bit nonsensical to me to
> construct a test case for each Unicode character if they're
> implemented in sets.

Well it probably depends on the implementer. For us we group the characters as much as we can when we handle character situations like this. The cases however are written for all implementers and I can't make any assumptions on how others may implement the characters. When you create individual cases for each specific character you have no chance of missing a case because of implementation.

> I've based the example below of the current test case for 'Descendant
> elements and 'display:none''
> (http://samples.msdn.microsoft.com/ietestcenter/css/chapter_9/rules/dec
> endant-display-none-001.htm):-
>
> div{
> 	width: 1in;
> 	height: 1in;
> 	background:green;
> }
>
> div div{
> 	display:none;
> }
>
> div div div{
> 	background:red;
> 	height:100%;
> 	width:100%;
> }

I'll take a look at this and see what I can do. Most likely this case won't have a simple solution but I see your point and I will attempt a few different solutions.

--
Thanks,
Arron Eicholz