Re: Microsoft CSS 2.1 Tests: Use of PREREQUISITE

On Tue, 21 Apr 2009 18:10:23 +0200, Arron Eicholz
<Arron.Eicholz@microsoft.com> wrote:
> I agree there is some inconsistency. Both technically are "PREREQUSITES"
> however one requires setup before running the test and the other can be
> done on the fly. If we do a readme.txt solution we still need to notify
> the tester that the test requires some server setup to run correctly.

Why do we need to notify the tester? It is information for the person
setting up the test suite, not the tester. If the server is not set up
properly it could also be that the test files are delivered as text/plain
rather than application/xhtml+xml in case of .xht files or text/html in
case of .htm files. And that CSS files are delivered as text/html rather
than text/css, et cetera. This is not information that we need to bother
testers with.

> I also there is one other test that I can think of that has a similar
> pattern in Chapter 5 (lang-selector-005). We should make sure that the
> final solution is done on both files.

I think putting the information elsewhere would be better. Assuming an
Apache setup this information would typically be in a .htaccess file. That
is how the W3C version would work so maybe we should just use that.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/