Re: CSS2.1 i18n and bidi tests for review

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 01:15:22 -0700
To: Eira Monstad <eiram@opera.com>
CC: public-css-testsuite@w3.org

Eira Monstad wrote:

> On Sat, 05 Jul 2008 04:00:46 +0200, fantasai
> <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
>
>> Eira Monstad wrote:
>>>  Cheers,
>>>  I've been working on some bidi related tests for the 2.1 testsuite,
>>> as well as converting a few of Richard Ishida's tests for language
>>> dependent styling to match the testsuite template. The tests are
>>> ready for review at http://people.opera.com/eiram/test/css21/review/
>>
>> http://people.opera.com/eiram/test/css21/review/bidi-box-model-001.xht
>> http://people.opera.com/eiram/test/css21/review/bidi-box-model-002.xht
>> http://people.opera.com/eiram/test/css21/review/bidi-box-model-003.xht
>>
>> Replace the blue and green with e.g. teal and orange, and these
>> should be good to go. It would be good to have equivalent tests
>> for blocks.
>
> Colors fixed, six more tests added.

I'd swap the teal and yellow or the teal and orange so that
there's more contrast between the left and right sides. So
   perl -pi -e 's/yellow teal/teal yellow/' bidi-box-model-*

http://people.opera.com/eiram/test/css21/review/bidi-box-model-006.xht
doesn't seem to be correct. I think you need to write
   First <span class="rtol">dnoceS</span>
instead of

I'd also run
   perl -pi -e 's/Borders should be/Border sides should be/' bidi-box-model-*
just to be clear about what we're checking here.

~fantasai