Re: CSS2.1 i18n and bidi tests for review

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 18:34:08 -0700
To: Eira Monstad <eiram@opera.com>
CC: public-css-testsuite@w3.org

Eira Monstad wrote:

> Cheers,
>
> I've been working on some bidi related tests for the 2.1 testsuite, as
> well as converting a few of Richard Ishida's tests for language
> dependent styling to match the testsuite template. The tests are ready
> for review at http://people.opera.com/eiram/test/css21/review/

http://people.opera.com/eiram/test/css21/review/bidi-border-collapse-001.xht
http://people.opera.com/eiram/test/css21/review/bidi-border-collapse-002.xht
http://people.opera.com/eiram/test/css21/review/bidi-border-collapse-003.xht
http://people.opera.com/eiram/test/css21/review/bidi-border-collapse-004.xht

These tests are very good, but
   - The colors aren't valid CSS2.1 keywords.
     Also you shouldn't use green and blue, since they have special meanings:
       http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/guidelines.html#color
     You could use yellow+orange and aqua+teal pairings instead.
     (The test suite explicitly assumes that the 17 color keywords can be
     rendered distinctly.)
   - The "first" and "second" classes should probably be called "left"
     and "right" since that's what they really are.
   - Lastly, I would suggest also adding a border to the <tr> element,
     maybe fuchsia on one side and purple on the other.