Re: Adding additional tests to an existing test case

From: Ray Kiddy <ray@ganymede.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 09:00:16 -0800
To: public-css-testsuite@w3.org

On Jan 9, 2008, at 8:42 AM, fantasai wrote:

> Stewart Brodie wrote:
>> Re: CSS2.1-test-suite/raw-tests/css1tests/css1test543.xml
>> (t1504-c543-txt-decor-00-d-g.htm in the built HTML 4.01 version)
>> Currently, the CSS2.1 text-decoration test case does not test all the
>> various constraints that affect whether or not the decorations apply,
>> specifically where floating and absolutely positioned elements are
>> involved.
>> I would like to see such test cases incorporated.
>> What is the best way to do this?  Is it better to submit a
>> completely new
>> test or to suggest changes to an existing test and classify it as
>> a "fix"
>> for the existing test?  I can post a small diff against the CVS
>> file that
>> adds these test cases.
>
> In this case, because
>   a) the test is already fairly long
> and
>   b) it's derived from the CSS1 test suite
> I'd suggest writing a new test.
>
>> Would doing the latter mean I could avoid having to fill out any
>> permission
>> granting forms (which could incur a long, local, admin overhead?)
>
> There's very little overhead for the permission granting form. You
> can fill
> it out here: http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/testgrants2-200409/

Is this URL going to be valid for a long time. I would like to keep
it for future use, but it does not look like a very "persistent" URL.
Doing a search on the W3C does not obviously find this page and the
page does seem to be very "tied in" to the site in a way that would
make it easy to find later.

Is there a way that this page could be placed on the site in a more
obvious and findable location?

thanx - ray