From: public-css-testsuite-request@w3.org [mailto:public-css-testsuite-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Gabriele Romanato
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2008 12:04 PM
To: public-css-testsuite@w3.org
Subject: Re: MWI Test Harness for CSS

I don't understand why we're insisting on supporting non-standard elements such as <iframe>.
I don't understand why we're insisting on ignoring real world coverage tests (see Ian Hickson 'Testing methodology')
Finally, it's odd that a browser such as IE6 passes about 80% of the current CSS 2.1 test suite.
None of the tests provided up to now has been able to detect the effects of the hasLayout property in IE6.
What about importing all the test of www.brunildo.org/test<http://www.brunildo.org/test> ?
I think that this could be useful not only for browser vendors, but also for web developers and authors.
(Assuming that we're viewing the matter from a democratic point of view)

--
http://www.css-zibaldone.com/
http://www.css-zibaldone.com/test/ (English)