Re: MWI Test Harness for CSS

From: Gabriele Romanato <gabriele.romanato@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 21:04:11 +0200
To: public-css-testsuite@w3.org
I don't understand why we're insisting on supporting non-standard elements
such as <iframe>.
I don't understand why we're insisting on ignoring real world coverage tests
(see Ian Hickson 'Testing methodology')
Finally, it's odd that a browser such as IE6 passes about 80% of the current
CSS 2.1 test suite.
None of the tests provided up to now has been able to detect the effects of
the hasLayout property in IE6.
What about importing all the test of www.brunildo.org/test ?
I think that this could be useful not only for browser vendors, but also for
web developers and authors.
(Assuming that we're viewing the matter from a democratic point of view)

--
http://www.css-zibaldone.com/
http://www.css-zibaldone.com/test/ (English)