Re: CSS 2.1 Test suite: minimal font size problem and issue

> On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 browserbugs@gtalbot.org wrote:
>>
>> I stumbled across a problem that I consider a severe one with the
>> current/latest CSS 2.1 Test suite.
>
> I'm afraid I no longer really maintain the CSS 2.1 test suite. I recommend
> forwarding your comments to public-css-test@w3.org.

Hello Mr Hickson,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I had already sent an email to public-css-testsuite@w3.org
but not to public-css-test@w3.org when I sent you that email.

> Note, however, that using the test suite implies an understanding of the
> test suite's assumptions:
>
>    http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/CSS2.1/current/
>
> ...which include setting several browser settings to specific values,
> like removing any minimum font size setting.

Nowhere does the webpage
http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/CSS2.1/current/
says explicitly that or even refers to minimum font size. There is a list
of assumptions regarding browser settings (minimum canvas dimensions,
medium size being 16px!, scrollbars, scrollbars, default color, default
background-color, device functionalities) but none whatsoever about
minimal font-size. All my email is underlining is that testcase involving
the Ahem font should be using a font-size of at least 13px to avoid what I
experienced.

Best regards,

Gérard
CC: public-css-test@w3.org and public-css-testsuite@w3.org