Hixie's CSS tests

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 20:01:36 +0000 (UTC)
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Cc: public-css-testsuite@w3.org

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007, fantasai wrote:

> Are these tests checked into the CSS2.1 TS CVS somewhere, or is that
> also on the to-do list?

None of my tests are checked in. It would take significant work to make
them fit the test suite's requirements: there are over 900 tests in my CSS
folder alone, and they all need verifying against the latest spec text; at
10 minutes per test, would probably take someone intimately familiar with
the spec and the tests about five weeks of solid work, minimum. Several of
the tests actually depend on complicated server-side configuration, too,
which would make this even more complex.

Having said that, I do believe we should use these tests. If we can find
someone to do the work, and I'd be happy to help them in an advisory role.