Re: Test purpose meta element

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 19:35:51 -0400
To: Arron Eicholz <Arron.Eicholz@microsoft.com>

Arron Eicholz wrote:
> I'm not sure if you saw Melinda's email
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-css-wg/2007AprJun/0435.html. I don't
> believe we came to any conclusion in the meeting that we wanted some sort of
> meta element like this. I know our team feels like it would be beneficial to
> the test suite.

Yes, our next telecon is on Tuesday, so we'll discuss it then. It's quite likely
that the WG will agree that it's ok to add it.

> We currently went with what was suggested in Melinda's mail for our tests
> since it seemed reasonable and met our needs. I don't see anything really
> wrong with the element as she described it. I think we should have it in the
> template since it provides additional information for what the test is
> completely testing. We will need to describe how to use it and clearly state,
> that it should not be a copy of the title or a heading from the spec.

If you have the information already, put it in a
for now, as that's the most likely format we'll use. (I already added this
to the template for CSS3 Paged Media, which actually has a test assertions
list.)