RE: Syntactic tests

From: Grant, Melinda <melinda.grant@hp.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 19:01:34 -0000
To: "Cecil Ward" <cecil@cecilward.com>, <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>

Hi Cecil,

See http://csswg.inkedblade.net/test to get started.

http://fantasai.inkedblade.net/temp/by-section can give you some ideas
about coverage.

I think the best way to ensure good coverage is to start with a list of
testable assertions for the area to be tested. Essentially, you create a
testable assertion for every statement in the spec that needs a
corresponding test or set of tests. Then you ensure there is at least
one test for every assertion.

We've started one for CSS3 Paged Media at
http://csswg.inkedblade.net/test/paged-media/assertions.  It still needs
a lot of work, but can perhaps serve as an example.

You can post any questions here, or you might catch someone on IRC in
css-test.

Thanks for playing!

Best wishes,

Melinda