Re: Assumptions

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 17:16:28 -0800
To: "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>

On Monday 2007-12-10 20:55 +0000, Grant, Melinda wrote:
> That seems to leave us without any documented assumptions for CSS3
> tests.  I suggest we generalize the Guidelines to apply to all CSS
> tests rather than just 2.1 tests.  If there's some reason that's not a
> good idea, we need to create a similar CSS3 Test Guidelines document.

I think we're better off having fewer assumptions rather than more, so
many new test suites may be able to avoid a number of these assumptions.
Thus I can see the value in maintaining it as a list of assumptions that
we should try to avoid extending (although we probably will need to
extend it), but I wouldn't want to say that all test suites should
require those assumptions even if some don't need them.

-David