Re: Show support for HTTP Signatures at IETF

On 1/20/20 7:54 PM, Daniel Hardman wrote:
> I'm simply disputing the assumption that DIDComm + HTTP Signatures
> is a no-brainer improvement over DIDComm by itself.

I'm looking at the conversation and not seeing anyone assert that
"DIDComm + HTTP Signatures is a no-brainer improvement over DIDComm by
itself"  in this thread. So yes, agreed, but I don't think anyone would
disagree with your statement.

Then I said:

> The argument for why DIDComm might want to use HTTP Signatures is the
> same.

Note that I said "might". I didn't say it's a "no-brainer". I was
responding to your "I don't think this work is relevant to DIDComm
binding for HTTP" by effectively saying "well, here's one way it could
be relevant".

... but no one asserted that it was free. Specifically, I said:

> it doesn't cost you much

To summarize, I was merely responding to your "I don't think this work
is relevant to the DIDComm binding for HTTP" statement. Hopefully I've
highlighted why it is relevant, and there might be circumstances where
using it might be beneficial. I have a few in mind, but don't want to go
there yet because having that discussion isn't useful if there are
people that think that HTTP Signatures are not relevant to the DIDComm
binding for HTTP.

https://tinyurl.com/veres-one-launches