Re: Identity Hubs and Agents

On 8/14/19 11:42 AM, Adrian Gropper wrote:
> I have asked two related questions about hubs and agents: July 25:
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/11BLUhBCsB_uB_Df7k2kRQT0blHB8YSim4WJeL5F-6FM/edit

Hey Adrian, good stuff. I responded to your write up above with how the
Secure Data Hub design deals with the issues you raised.

> August 13:
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aA9bOF9EndFpapyk4_sXLZt-7_8TGyeM9A-OScc_rdo/edit?usp=sharing

I had nothing to add here as I don't know what you're asking. It feels
like a bunch of statements about what an agent can be.

... and I've always found the "Agent" terminology incredibly confusing
as it's all things to all people, just like "identity" means something
different every time you talk about it w/ someone.

That said, I defer to the community to come up with better
terminology... there are people that care more than me about what we
call these things that take action on our behalf within this ecosystem.

> Please HELP ME do this job by responding - privately or publicly -
> when I ask a question. I think I can help.

I've responded to your first item... BUT, and here's the issue, you're
using a proprietary system to have the discussion... that Google Doc is
under your control and may disappear when you decide to close your
account/move service providers.

Some of the people on this mailing list are not allowed to use Google
Docs at work, which makes it impossible for them to participate.

We try to avoid using proprietary systems when discussing open standards
because the discussions that led up to the open standard are very
important to be able to reference in the future.

W3C has a forever archival policy and there is a clear line of
organizations that will step up, going all the way up to the Library of
Congress and then the European Union, IIRC, that will keep an archived
record of these conversations for as long as human culture is around.

Google Docs does not meet that level of archival and accessibility. W3C
mailing lists do, please try to keep important discussions (such as the
one you've started) on the mailing list so we check those very important
boxes.

https://tinyurl.com/veres-one-launches