From: Markus Sabadello <markus@danubetech.com>
Sent: August 13, 2019 2:47 PM
To: Daniel Thompson-Yvetot <drthompsonsmagickindustries@gmail.com>; Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Cc: Dave Longley <dlongley@digitalbazaar.com>; Henry Story <henry.story@gmail.com>; Credentials Community Group <public-credentials@w3.org>
Subject: Re: What’s after DIDs?

Hi Daniel,

The DID itself can't be did/example/123456, because that's not a valid URI (DIDs being valid URIs is one of their central features).

In theory it would be possible to define a DID Resolution binding<https://w3c-ccg.github.io/did-resolution/#bindings-https> that would resolve a DID like did:example:123456 by making an HTTP GET call to https://api.service.com/v1/did/example/123456.

But then again, what's wrong with just concatenating the DID with colons, i.e. https://api.service.com/v1/did:example:123456 ?

Markus
On 7/31/19 3:46 AM, Daniel Thompson-Yvetot wrote:
> Which colon are you referring to?
did:example:123456/path

My question is better phrased as a proposal:

If this was the id:

did/example/123456/path

and this the resolver:

https://api.service.com/v1/

with a mere concat this would be simple.

https://api.service.com/v1/did/example/123456/path