Re: JWT credentials

On 10/04/2018 11:59 PM, Carlos Bruguera wrote:
> In this regard, how "production-ready" is the current LD signatures
> library for use in a DID/Creds system?

There are multiple organizations that are using LD Signatures in
products that are shipping to customers in PoC, Pilot, and Production
capacities.

Digital Bazaar has been using the Javascript libraries (reference
implementation) with our customers since 2012.

That said, be aware that the specifications aren't locked down yet. The
libraries are not as mature as the JWT libraries (but that's true of any
new pre-standard). We make every effort to make changes backwards
compatible and follow proper semantic versioning procedures.

> Any limitations known?

I wouldn't say there are current limitations that would prevent use in a
DID/VC setting. There are some upgrades that we're currently planning:

* Support for proofPurpose (tighter security around why a
  proof/signature was created)
* Support for COSE key formats
* Possibly changing key "owner" -> "controller"
* Migrating object capability support out to another lib
* Support for CL Signatures (but that may be a while down the road)

As the community incubates and advances the technology, and as all of us
learn from our customers needs, we make modifications in a responsible
way to the library.

Hope that helps, Carlos.

https://tinyurl.com/veres-one-launches