Re: JWT credentials

We would like to support jsonld as we like certain aspects of it.

There are however certain issues with it:

- library has no built in support for DIDs yet afaik . I’m sure it can be
manually wired up to support it
- single JavaScript implementation
- very verbose which unfortunately leaks over into the json version of Vc
as well
- reliance on external linked data without any cryptographic integrity
guarantees
- very complex for new developers to understand, which could cause security
problems down the line

It is more composable than JWTs. I see that as jsonlds biggest advantage.
But composability I feel is less important outside the http world.

We see most usecase as best implemented as smaller self contained VCs and
that JWTs are superior for that.