Re: Content-type and/or file extension for Verifiable Credentials and Verifiable Presentations

I thought the VC spec defined a data model--with the representation as
JSON-LD or something else as explicitly out of scope. This doesn't seem to
match up with a discussion about how to characterize a file format. Is
there some missing context here that I don't know about?