DIF media coverage

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 22:00:07 -0500
To: Credentials Community Group <public-credentials@w3.org>, Daniel Buchner <Daniel.Buchner@microsoft.com>
"""
For the past year we [Microsoft] have been participating in the
Decentralized Identity Foundation (DIF) with individuals and
organizations who are similarly motivated to take on this challenge. We
are collaboratively developing the following key components:

* Decentralized Identifiers (DIDs) – a W3C spec that defines a common
document format for describing the state of a Decentralized Identifier

* Identity Hubs – an encrypted identity datastore that features
message/intent relay, attestation handling, and identity-specific
compute endpoints.

* Verifiable Credentials – a W3C spec that defines a document format for
encoding DID-based attestations.
"""[1]

No mention of W3C VCWG or W3C CCG (other than links to the specs), no
mention of IIW, no mention of RWoT.

I leave it there w/o comment as we're all earmarking time to discuss how
DIF/Microsoft messaging is happening at RWoT and IIW.

-- manu

[1]https://www.bitcoinisle.com/2018/02/15/decentralized-digital-identities-and-blockchain-the-future-as-we-see-it/

blog: The State of W3C Web Payments in 2017
http://manu.sporny.org/2017/w3c-web-payments/