DID-Auth

From: Markus Sabadello <markus@danubetech.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 14:20:50 +0100
To: W3C Credentials CG <public-credentials@w3.org>
All,

Unfortunately I have a conflict today and won't be able to join this
week's CG Call (and the agenda looks pretty full already anyway).

But I wanted to quickly report that I was selected for this BCGov
opportunity to design and implement a DID authentication (DID-Auth) and
authorization mechanism across 4 concrete scenarios:
https://bcdevexchange.org/opportunities/opp-initial-reference-implementation-of-decentralized-authentication--did-auth--and-authorization-mechanisms

I would love this group's input on how to approach this in a way that is
re-usable and complementary with other community efforts.
I am aware there is already a lot of existing work from RWoT and other
sources on DID/TLS, HTTP Signatures, Credentials Browser API, etc. that
can be used.

Perhaps it would be possible to add this topic to next week's CG Call
agenda?
(In the meantime, I'd be thankful for any guidance or pointers on this
topic.)

--

all the best,
Markus Sabadello