Re: Ideas about DID explanation

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 16:48:02 -0500
To: Tom Jones <thomasclinganjones@gmail.com>, "daniel.hardman@evernym.com" <daniel.hardman@evernym.com>, "kim@learningmachine.com" <kim@learningmachine.com>
Cc: Credentials Community Group <public-credentials@w3.org>
On 12/10/18 2:54 PM, Tom Jones wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 8, 2018 at 1:18 PM Kim Hamilton Duffy wrote:
>
> Iím not sure if I understand the question, but for some longer-lived
> claims itís useful to be able to determine the keys associated with a
> DID at a given point in time. I think Iím the only one that keeps
> harping on this, so the need for this capability may be quite rare.

No not rare, I expect the opposite is true. :)

We might not be talking about it because many of us believe it's a
fundamental requirement for all of the reasons that you, Daniel, and
others have pointed out. We may have failed to record that tribal knowledge.

It's certainly a design requirement for the Veres One ledger... being
able to do the following query is vital "What were the keys associated
with DID X on date Y?"

https://tinyurl.com/veres-one-launches