W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-credentials@w3.org > May 2017

Re: [AGENDA] W3C Credentials Community Call - 30 May 2017 12pm ET

From: Timothy Holborn <timothy.holborn@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2017 12:06:28 +0000
Message-ID: <CAM1Sok2u2MN+vr_Lq4z6FwbkrvpCpUrvumdPGBhJE+QEiSbEhA@mail.gmail.com>
To: Christopher Allen <ChristopherA@blockstream.com>, "W3C Credentials CG (Public List)" <public-credentials@w3.org>, "W3C Digital Verification CG (Public List)" <public-digital-verification@w3.org>
Cc: Kim Hamilton <kimdhamilton@gmail.com>
Started a long time ago on some basic ontological concepts around 'data
rights'[1]

Not sure where that fits in nowadays, but i hoped some inclusionary
considerations may be made for the core vocab of the Creds / verifiable
claims; instrument outcomes.

I think the way it was considered some time ago now; was that it may be
supported by way of ODRL[2]; yet i've seen little in terms of recent info
or other considerations made; and whilst i'm aware that these things are
not necessarily digitally enforceable (much like creative commons) i can't
find the bit where this work has been incorporated into more recent
iterations?

Tim.H.

[1]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webpayments/2014Jul/0043.html
[2] https://www.w3.org/ns/odrl/2/ODRL21

On Tue, 30 May 2017 at 07:44 Christopher Allen <ChristopherA@blockstream.com>
wrote:

> A reminder that the joint W3C Credentials CG and Digital Verification CG
> call is tomorrow (Tuesday) at noon ET, 9am PT, 4pm GMT.
>
> Our priorities for June are to clarify the mission of these two CGs,
> including possible name changes, and to prioritize which work items our
> members have sufficient energy to focus on. These means that the next 5 or
> so weeks will be setting the agenda for our community for the next year or
> more. So if you have an idea that you’d like the members of our community
> to be collaborating on, you need to get it into the Google Doc at
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W0r6TOaJXGcDP4qOzOIEfSymub4nRSLrBmtBqyDf06I/edit# as
> we will begin polling interest soon.
>
> Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you tomorrow!
>
> — Christopher Allen & Kim Hamilton, co-chairs
>
>
> If you have a possible work item for us that is not represented to
>
>
> On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 2:04 PM, Christopher Allen <
> ChristopherA@blockstream.com> wrote:
>
>> Tuesday, May 30th, 2017
>> Time: 12pm Boston, 9am Pacific, 16:00 GMT
>> Text Chat: http://tinyurl.com/w3c-vctf
>>            irc://irc.w3.org:6665/#vctf
>> Voice: sip:vctf@96.89.14.196
>>        tel:+1-540-961-4469;ext=6306 <(540)%20961-4469> (extension 6306)
>> Duration: 60 minutes
>> Scribes: RichardV, NathanG, MatthewL, NateO, Drummond, DanB,
>> JonnyCrunch, AdamM,
>> AdamL, JoeA, GreggK, KimHD, HarlanW, MattS, ChristopherA, Manu, Longley
>>
>> This is a joint meeting of the Credentials and Digital Verification
>> Community Groups. It is held immediately after the Verifiable Claims WG
>> call.
>>
>> Minutes from last week’s call:
>> http://w3c.github.io/vctf/meetings/2017-05-23/
>>
>> Proposed Agenda:
>>
>> 1. Agenda review [3 minutes]
>>
>> 2. Introductions & Re-Introduction (4 minutes)
>> Re-Introduction is a new regular agenda items, where each week we ask a
>> longer-term member to re-introduce themselves to more recent members. This
>> week we will start with Adam Migus.
>>
>> 3. Status of current action items (3 minutes)
>>   - Kim to send last call for additional CG work items before poll DUE
>> FRIDAY MAY 26th [DONE]
>>   - Kim: Create poll for priorities on work items, ~3 weeks snapshot
>> poll results for prioritization - DUE TUESDAY MAY 30th [IN-PROGRESS]
>>   - ChristopherA: First draft of CG Mission Statement for review - DUE
>> JUNE 6th [ON HOLD Re: NAME & MISSION]
>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kxm6yGnGAVgNTLMYft_cz2zW3c1AE8uSCy4i5A6OhG8/edit?usp=sharing
>>   - ChristopherA: Create a new proposal for how Digital Verification CG
>> integrates DUE JUNE 6th [ON HOLD re: NAME & MISSION]
>>   - ALL: Approve New Name and Mission Statement - DUE JUNE 27th
>>
>> 4. CG Name & Integration of Digital Verification CG (20 minutes)
>>   - At this point no strong objections to integrating both CGs into one.
>>   - New Name?
>>     - What is a better brand name for this community?
>>     - What name will appeal to broader participation?
>>     - What name that can last 5 years?
>>     - What name doesn’t annoy other communities or prevent participation,
>> aka “benign but interesting”
>>   - What process to brainstorm for and select a New Name?
>>
>> 5. Review 4 Suggested Work Items for Credentials CG (25 minutes)
>>   - Goal is to ask 4 Champions to share suggested work items each week
>> for review:
>>
>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W0r6TOaJXGcDP4qOzOIEfSymub4nRSLrBmtBqyDf06I/edit#
>>   - Who are the champions, what is the work item about, why is it
>> important, current status?
>>
>>   - This week:
>>     - Verifiable Claims Browser API and Browser Polyfill: Dave Longley
>>     - Lifecycle of a Verifiable Claim: Joe Andrieu
>>     - Data Minimization and Selective Disclosure Report: Christopher
>> Allen
>>     - Decentralized Identifiers: Drummond Reed
>>
>> 6. Action items and suggestions for next week agenda  (5 minutes)
>>
>> — Christopher Allen & Kim Hamilton, co-chairs
>>
>
>
Received on Tuesday, 30 May 2017 12:07:14 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 11 July 2018 21:19:37 UTC