Re: Terminology poll (updated)

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 12:34:02 -0400
To: public-credentials@w3.org
On 06/26/2017 12:27 PM, Manu Sporny wrote:
> As a reminder, this is how we suggested that the poll is conducted last
> week (with added detail):
>
> 1. We finalize the poll during the VCWG call tomorrow. For ROLE_C,
>    we will hopefully remove options that at least 25% of folks don't
>    think are in their personal top 5 list.
> 2. The poll will run for seven days and close 5pm ET July 4th.
> 3. Anyone that has educated themselves on the options should vote. If
>    you haven't been following at least one of: the issues, mailing list
>    discussion, or the calls, please don't vote. For example, please
>    don't circulate the poll to your work colleagues that don't
>    participate in the WG or CG and ask them to vote.
> 4. If you vote, you are asked to vote in an individual capacity and not
>    on behalf of your organization. We want terminology that is both
>    correct and that will immediately resonate with readers.

forgot to add one last item:

5. The poll will be used to inform the decision on terminology. In the
best case, we'll just use the poll results directly. However, if the
vote results in a combination of terms that does not make sense,
then the group will use the preference ordering from the vote to
select a set that does make sense. If the group fails to do that,
the Chairs and Editors will pick something (as a last resort).

blog: Rebalancing How the Web is Built
http://manu.sporny.org/2016/rebalancing/