Re: [MINUTES] W3C Credentials CG Call - 2017-06-13 12pm ET

The point I was making is that today, employees with security clearances
have access to documents that should not be revealed to the press or
foreign nationals, and the vast majority of employees comply.
Occasionally one employee might release information to Wikileaks or
similar and there is nothing that technology can do to stop this. So we
could adopt the same model for VCs. Employees are given VCs and told
they should not release them to inspectors outside the organisation (and
the VC could contain a policy statement to this effect), but once they
are home, the employee could release them if they wanted to.

This is because the trust model of VCs is fundamentally different to
that of federated identity management systems - see my doc on VC
lifecycles for the trust model
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2qPJBxhjfdqYmJGaE5HODFLZ3ROUFAxQ05yOG9uRTBaaDlr/view

regards

David