Re: Agenda: Verifiable Claims Teleconference - Tuesday, January 17, 2017

From: Timothy Holborn <timothy.holborn@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 11:39:23 +0000
To: Daniel Burnett <danielcburnett@gmail.com>, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Cc: Credentials Community Group <public-credentials@w3.org>, Web Payments IG <public-webpayments-ig@w3.org>
On Tue., 17 Jan. 2017, 9:51 pm Daniel Burnett, <danielcburnett@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 8:24 PM, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
> wrote:
>
> On 01/14/2017 03:51 PM, Daniel Burnett wrote:
> > 2. Use Case review -- issue discussion [1] (Joe, 50 mins)
>
> There has been a significant amount of response to Christopher Allen's
> WoT use cases that would be useful to discuss:
>
> https://github.com/opencreds/vc-data-model/issues/32
>

> Since there has been almost no discussion of the use case document issues
> (with the exception of https://github.com/opencreds/vc-use-cases/issues/30,
> which is still in progress), I would be happy to propose we discuss the WoT
> issue first.
>

> We may also want to spend some time re-prioritizing the Privacy section
> of the document in an attempt to address W3C Member concerns wrt. privacy.
>

> This seems a bit open-ended.  Do you have a specific proposal you can send
> as an issue or PR?

Let's try to ensure its targeted at providing support for human dignity
(therein, inc. privacy).

Other dignity related functions may include that a person disagrees with a
"verifiable claim" made about them.

Therein, issues that likely require ontology as a counterpart of a broader
solution is bigger than simply privacy (whether that be of the subject,
issuer, et.al.).

Tim.h.