Re: Expiry time in Data Model

On 20/05/2016 19:19, Stone, Matt wrote:
> this is an expiration on the credential, itself, right?  something like
> this: certified in xyz, effective 1/1/2012, expiring 1/1/2013.

yes

> do we have anything like a "time to live" for the claim itself - i'm
> inspired by TTL in DNS.  a secondary server can hold DNS information for
> a brief period w/out going back to the master for updates.  In the
> repository model, something like this might make for a more resilient
> and performant system.

This is a separate issue. A claim may not have expired, but it may have
been revoked. Therefore going back to the issuer is a something the
recipient/relying party will have to decide to do based on its risk
threshold.

A second parameter of a credential should be whether it is revocable or not.

regards

David