Re: Portability Requirement

On 15 March 2016 at 19:54, Shane McCarron <shane@halindrome.com> wrote:

> I am not sure what to say.  I heard a strong requirement from the group on
> the call today that this be included.  As far as I know, all this means is
> that credentials (aka claims) need to have a well defined data format that
> is transportable.  The repository for a claim could be a folder fill of
> .json files on a disk, right?  Or some fancy service provider.  The claims
> and their integrity are not dependent upon the repository.

Let me clarify slightly.

If this simply means that the serialization reuses web standards such as
JSON LD and Linked data then im +1, because that's portable by nature.

If it means that the subject of those data structures requires the use a
URI scheme other then HTTP (e.g. the did: scheme) URIs, that's the point
I'd like to push back on.

Typically I would expect claims to be 100% web based.