Re: Comments on draft charter [Was: Agenda: Verifiable Claims Teleconference - Tuesday, March 8th 2016]

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 16:01:14 -0600
Cc: Web Payments IG <public-webpayments-ig@w3.org>, Credentials Community Group <public-credentials@w3.org>
To: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
> There are now a real set of goals listed:
>
> http://w3c.github.io/webpayments-ig/VCTF/charter/vcwg-draft.html#goals
>
>> I also suggest deleting the first paragraph or moving to the ‘About
>> this charter” section.
>
> Fixed.
> https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-ig/commit/6ca64ce59d337833013545243920cd46399eb0e8

Thanks, Manu.

However, they don’t sound like goals to me. They sound like deliverables:
 * Data model
 * Syntaxes
 * Analysis.

I have in mind something like we said in the WPWG charter, where the goals were the ultimate benefits of the
standards (e.g., better checkout, easier adoption of payment instruments):
 https://www.w3.org/Payments/WG/charter-201510.html#goals

Ian

Tel:                       +1 718 260 9447